5 easy steps to save 50% or more in your six-month car insurance policy by following these simple instructions. Most of the time people only need car insurance for a short period of time, they say maybe six months and there is no reason in the world why you can’t get temporary car insurance for your car and save money.
Not everyone who buys their car insurance needs it for a long time. There are many reasons why a person can stay in the area for only six months and will only need car insurance while they are there.
The reasons vary but sometimes people may have a temporary job assignment in another part of the country and for some reason or another we will need to provide their own car insurance.
Or, a person may have a second home in another state and live there for six months or more at a time. I know people who do this because I live down here in Florida at sea. There are people nearby who have condoms but like to fly back from their homes permanently in the north. In most cases they will have a car in both places.
If you only need car insurance for a short period of time, here’s how to buy one and save money.
Follow these 5 easy steps.
1. If the car you want to insure is paid for, go with credit insurance instead of full insurance and collision insurance and save 20% on insurance costs. Most states require minimal coverage of the credit policy but you do not need complete insurance unless you pay for a car. If so, financial companies will insist that you carry out full security insurance to protect your investment.
2. It goes up to $ 1000 by accident and this will cost you 40% less on your insurance. I can go with the highest deduction for any type of insurance I buy because it leads to lower premiums. I even carry $ 750 in my health insurance money because I only worry about catastrophic losses and I don’t worry about deductions.
Anyone who decides to go with a high deduction must make sure that they have enough money to pay for any pocket costs that may arise in the event of an accident.
3. Apply for a safe driver discount. Statistically, most people who are safe drivers are less likely to cause an accident. Insurance companies are aware of this and will reward people with driving safety records by providing them with affordable insurance policies.
If you have had road problems in the past such as a traffic violation or caused an accident five years ago, go to driving school and remove the points from your driver’s license. This will eliminate the stigma attached to insurance companies that associate themselves with the wrong drivers. It will also eliminate some of the high costs associated with bad drivers trying to get car insurance.
4. Buy at least five different companies online and compare prices and call your local insurance agent and ask if they can match that price. You will be amazed at how comparisons-buying can make such a huge difference in the price you pay for your insurance.
If you make this comparison-purchase always make sure that some of the companies you are asking for quotes are insurance companies directly. These companies will save money because they sell directly without using agencies and therefore do not have to pay commissions. If so, save money and save money.
5. If you are preparing to leave the area, be sure to cancel your insurance on the day you leave so that you are not charged for unnecessary insurance.
Jimmy says if you buy temporary car insurance here’s how to make and save money because six-month car insurance can cost if you follow these instructions and use discounts that insurance companies make available to people who apply for car insurance.